Since I am currently suffering from Eiffel 65 feels Twenty Eiffel 65/Bloom 06 songs you shouldn’t pass up
Eiffel 65 and Bloom 06 as they were called when Gabry wasn’t with them have many great songs and if I wrote them all…since I love pretty much all of them…I’d just be listing all the songs so please no if the song isn’t on here that I still find it great…. I will not include remixes despite the fact that they have some pretty epic remixes since this list will be Official songs only…also I will not include songs that EVERYONE THINKS Eiffel 65 did but they nearly remixed such as Discovery Channel by the Bloodhound gang (artist could be wrong?) So please don’t send me any messages about songs they didn’t sing, check their official discography before assuming they actually made a song before you message me about a song because I will not have patience for you if you don’t…sorry. I also will not include Blue, Move your body or Too much of heaven because while great songs almost everyone who knows the group has heard them, I will highlight other songs and many beyond USA releases
Without further ado let’s get into the list, these are not ranked per say…too hard…lol.
01. Now is forever: A song I rarely hear discussed from the Europop album that has a slower tempo. The song hosts a beautiful message about appreciating the here and now and not regretting the past and focusing only on what you do not have. The music itself always left me in a sort of trance, being very melodic and I loved the use of backwards messages in the song, despite being written forward in the lyrics so not necessarily being hidden per say.
02. I don’t wanna lose- Off of the contact album this is a song that always created an dreamy atmosphere for me and it is one of the more poetic songs Eiffel 65 have and to this day I still consider the lyrics that were sung and wonder about it’s deeper meaning. To explain it wouldn’t be easy and I think you should listen to try to understand it best. It reminds me of holding on to something you really believe in and being able to escape from the hectic reality that is every day life.
03. Tu Credi- Off of the 3rd and self-titled album, I recommend the Italian version however you can look up the lyrics for the English version and also give the English version a listen to understand the meaning if you don’t speak Italian..which I don’t either. This song is a touching love song that certainly seems to hint a message of peace. Eiffel 65 is very anti-war if you’ve known them for a while. Either way the song is catchy and melodic so give it a listen.
04. When the party is over- From Crash Test 01, the first CD Bloom 06 released this song introduced guitar instrumentals along with the well-known keyboarding skills of Maury since Jeffery started playing instrumentals as well at this time. I love the instrumentals and the message…it does give you a sense of Bloom 06 being slightly darker than Eiffel 65 at times but still a great song.
05. Brightly Shines- From Contact, This song’s instrumentals and it’s vocal effects were wonderful to me and the message was so beautiful. When I felt alone and worthless sometimes I listened to Brightly Shines to feel better about myself. The music kind of reminded me of Ancient Egypt whether it meant to be that way or not and since I’ve always loved Egypt I gravitate to this song a lot. A beautiful, somewhat dark but kind song.
06. 80s Stars: a single and was supposed to be on Contact, maybe is on some versions? Anyway, it’s basically a tribute to 80s music as the title suggests and how the narrator wonders where the 80s stars and all their great music went. In an era of songs that no longer affect him.
07. People of Tomorrow- This song, since I heard it when I was maybe 11 made me happy to know that Eiffel 65 saw promise in our generation and the technology that we are creating. It’s a great track too, very technoy.
08. Per Sempre- Crash test 01, I cannot tell you how much I love this song. I don’t understand Italian but I don’t need to to understand that this song has a deep message that yields more than one listen. The music is melodic, Jeffery’s voice is just wonderfully clear and…well sounds great in this song. The video for it is a good watch too. To this day my favorite song on Crash Test 01 (Forever is what Per Sempre translates to)
09. Silicon World: from Europop, I know people could argue that it sounds sort of sexual though I find it an innocent, catchy love song about a guy who wants to make a perfect girl in a perfect world that he can be with. I was always singing this when I was younger, it got stuck in my head a lot and I would either sing it or hum it constantly. I loved it so much though that I didn’t care lol.
10. In your eyes- Crash test 02, This song is another clearly anti-war song perhaps with a little undertone of politics but that honestly isn’t my forte so I wouldn’t know. Either way it is a somewhat haunting but beautiful song about the fears of war and what can result.
11. Going to dance all night- from self-titled 3rd album, I honestly forget the Italian title and don’t wish to butcher it up so I wrote the English version title, both are catchy dance songs that make you want to go to a dance club or at least get up and dance along with them.
12. Morning Time- This song actually made me cry the first time I heard it, it is beautiful and touching, sad but happy at the same time. A bittersweet song that may be about dieing but not losing hope, again my interpretation so don’t quote me.
13. Like a rolling stone- from 3rd album, I just love the lyrics, the song, the beat…everything. About moving forward even when life isn’t perfect and things don’t always go according to plan.
14. Your clown- From Europop, the music is nice, the vocal effects are interesting. My 2nd favorite song off of Europop
15. Journey- From Contact,This song has great music, beautiful vocals and I am a sucker for the music and or vocal effect they used, either way I loved it!
16. Back in time- From Contact, I love the synthesizer music and the lyrics, I listened to it a milion times when it first came out.
17. Another Race- From Europop,Catchy song, good lyrics and a space theme so that works. Also the vocal effects used sounded pretty cool to me.
18. Cielo Spento- Empty Sky, from Crash test 01, I love the music, a great combination of guitar rifts and synthesizer music. I don’t understand the lyrics but Jeffery’s voice sounds great as usual.
19. Nel Buio Trad di noi- from Crash test 02, this is another case where the instrumentals stole my heart, it’s catchy, unique, the vocals sound nice too.
20. The world inside my bedroom- from 3rd CD, again wrote the English because I don’t want to butch up the Italian but I prefer the Italian version still, English one is nice too. It’s a quiet, slow, but powerful song about playing music in your bedroom and escaping the outside world where you can unwind and relax to some great music. A perfect way to finish off their third album and this list.
Thanks for reading! Many great songs aren’t on this list as you know. Please take a listen to any of these songs if you haven’t already heard them and I hope you enjoy them and many others as much as I did and still do. Comments, questions, requests, and corrections (like if you speak Italian lol) are welcome. And if you can, on your own, translate any of these songs hit me up cause I’d love to read non-google translations of Eiffel 65’s Italian songs. Alrighty, that’s all for now…take care.